ServiceMaster Lives Legacy of Service with Fourth Annual #WeServeDay
Annual day of employee service to be held in communities across the U.S.
Public Company Information:
MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, nearly 3,000 employees from ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SERV), a leading provider of residential and commercial services, will volunteer with community organizations across the United States as part of its fourth annual We Serve Day. ServiceMaster employees will assist with more than 30 simultaneous volunteer efforts in six different cities across the country.
“ServiceMaster has built a reputation for great service – with our customers and in the communities where our employees work and live,” said Nik Varty, ServiceMaster’s chief executive officer. “We Serve Day is a reminder of the importance of giving back and the impact we can have on our communities.”
ServiceMaster employees will volunteer in a variety of local projects, which include preparing meals for the homeless, beautifying local neighborhoods, filling backpacks with school supplies for children, and partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to grant a child’s wish to visit Italy.
Local volunteer efforts include projects to support:
- Carroll, Iowa: Carroll Area Child Care Center, Domestic Abuse Prevention Center, Elderbridge Agency on Aging Resident, Family Development Center, Family Resource Center, New Hope
- Dallas, Texas: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- La Grange, Ga.: Good Shepherd Therapeutic Center
- Memphis, Tenn.: American Red Cross, Bridges, DeNeuville Learning Center, FedEx Family House, Girl Scouts Heart of the South, Habitat for Humanity, Hope House, Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County, Junior Achievement of the Mid-South, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Make-A-Wish Mid-South Chapter, Memphis Child Advocacy Center, Memphis Oral School for the Deaf, Memphis Union Mission, Mid-South Food Bank, MIFA, National Civil Rights Museum, Operation Gratitude, Overton Park Conservancy, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis, Salvation Army, Shelby Farms, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Streets Ministries, Thistle & Bee, Urban Bicycle Food Ministry, Youth Villages
- Phoenix, Ariz.: International Rescue Committee
- Tampa, Fla.: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
“We Serve Day is a day in which we encourage all of our employees to go out into their communities and use their time and talents to serve others,” said Velvet Graham, senior director of events and community relations. “While giving back to the community is a year-round commitment for us, We Serve Day is a signature event that brings all of our employees together to share the message that ‘service’ isn’t just in our company name, it’s part of our culture – and has been for nearly 90 years.”
ServiceMaster’s community outreach and philanthropy have earned national praise and recognition. ServiceMaster is a nominee in the Community Relations category at the 2017 Platinum PR Awards, which will be held in September in New York City. Earlier this year, the company received the Volunteer Memphis Corporate Citizens Award and the Pinnacle Award for Community Impact from the Memphis Area Association of Realtors.
ServiceMaster (NYSE:SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). ServiceMaster® is the Official Home Services Provider of Minor League Baseball™. Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.